Sunday, November 14, 2010

Welcome to day one of the rest of your life. Every day is an opportunity to make good on the plans that you have set for yourself, and every day there is an excuse not to. The most important thing is to get rid of the excuses. Life is not about excuses, life is about opportunities and taking the right steps to turn those opportunities into realities. And yet, I sit here writing this, knowing full well that there are so many opportunities out there that I keep making excuses not to take; and every day I waste hours doing things that will have no lasting impact on my life instead of simply picking up my guitar and playing some music, or sending people links to my music so that they can listen to them and help me improve them. I am my own worst enemy, it is as simple as that. My body, mind and heart sit here saying, it's time to make it happen, and they still fight themselves, telling each other that it will be fruitless, that nothing will come of it. How am I supposed to get other people to believe in me, if I find it hard to believe in myself sometimes?

1 comment:

Sue said...

I believe that you are a most talented beautiful young woman. Give yourself all the positive talk that you can and take every opportunity that is offered to you.
love you mum