Monday, September 13, 2010

wasting time is my biggest downfall...

So the weekend has come and gone, and I got lost in doing a whole heap of things and spent far too little time working on music. I'm disappointed in myself. I get frustrated because certain things don't sound the way that I want them to, and then I don't spend any time working on fixing that. I think one of my problems is that there is just far too much going on in my head at the moment. There are so many conflicting things bouncing around my head, that I just don't know which one to listen to.

On Wednesday I'm heading home to Sydney for a week, I want to use that week to relax and try and get my head sorted out. There are so many hours available to me every day, and I waste them so often on things that don't need my attention; I spend far too much time sitting in front of a television or a computer screen, and none of that is helping me get anywhere. With that in mind, I'm giving myself the next week and a half to relax and to get my head on straight, and then from the moment I touch back down in Melbourne next Tuesday afternoon, it is business time. No more excuses, no more wasting time, if I really want to make this happen, then I have to make it happen, because no one is going to do the work for me, I just hate that I can talk so much crap, but when it comes to actually acting on it I find it so hard to get the motivation or keep concentrated. This time, I'm changing that.

No comments: