Tuesday, September 21, 2010

thoughts from the sky

(written earlier this afternoon)

I'm sitting on the plane home from a week in Sydney, and the last week has been awesome. It has been a great, relaxing week, that has enabled me to get my head clear and sorted out. It has also been amazing to wake up to the sunshine every morning, and the temperatures getting over 15 degrees. I know that I'm not going to get much of that for the next few weeks (at least) in all likelihood, so it was nice to get it while I could.

I love going home to Sydney and seeing all my family, but the more I go back there, the more that I realise that it's not home anymore. Melbourne is home. As much as I do miss my family, the week has made me realise that I don't want to move back to Sydney anytime soon.

Now for me, it's down to business. It's time for me to put a focus on my life and work towards it. It's time to stop talking about doing things and actually do it. I need to get my body to a point of exhaustion each day so that it will sleep properly at night, and whatever I have to do to do that, I will do. I am going to get myself back into physical shape and I am going to spend most nights working on music and my voice. I need to grow confidence in my abilities and my ability to make this work, and so, that's where I'm going to start. It's time to let it be known that music is what I want to do, and what I want to work for.

No comments: